Thursday, November 23, 2006

Should I Give Up a Guy For His Habit???

Sometimes I just feel like giving up on the relationship I don't know why. I still cannot accept the fact that my partner smokes....Anyone with this experience please help me deal with this. I really hate and I mean HATE to see it. Sometimes when I see it, it just makes me want to give up and find someone else. But the least I know, every other guy smokes now and it has become a norm among guys nowadays. Yea, if I'm going to find one who does not smoke, it would be a miracle indeed.

I feel so SICK when I see it everytime. It does hurt to see him smoke. My heart feels so sour til it shrinks. It's painful. Should I give up a guy that meets my expectation (accept his smoking habit) for his habit? I know I cannot accept a husband that puffs. Other than the smoking habit, everything is fine. He meets up to the expectations that I have in a guy. He's loving, responsible, affectionate and everything else, almost the perfect guy for me. Should I give him up for just one habit? Sometimes I feel like giving in to temptation.

P/S: Friends who smokes do not leave the same impact on me, only the person I love does. So I would like to apologise if I offended my smoking friends. Sorry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don know wat comment should i give but wat i think is u should ask urself how mcuh u really love this person and do u think u should leave him for just one habit, it is because it is ur life no one can control u except for u, urself, so i wish u happy always and not to think too much, cause when things become simple it is gonna be something which is wat u expected.

*St@R Glitt3R* said...

Well as a matter of fact, I love him too much to give him up but it does bother me onec in awhile. It's just a phase I guess.

Anonymous said...

it is not as complicated as it appeared to be.
habits grow on people, but they merely latch on them and can never be a part of them. give some time. he will know how much you meant to him and he will submit.
as for yourself, don't beat yourself crazy over one little habit. smoking is but a microscopic disorder relative to so many vices out there. he is, as i know him, a prince of a guy, and it is up to you to accept the fact that no one is perfect. it is the imperfections that normally make two person feel attracted, though i am not pointing towards his "habit". give and take, and for your ability to love someone with a habit you so abhor, then your love for him is divine. love is never a walk in the garden. it is often bumpy and it is how you ride through it. dun think too much, k.

*St@R Glitt3R* said...

Bro Vic,
Thanks so much....Your advice meant alot and thanks alot for helping me solve my problem. Thanks so much...I needed your opinion. Sometimes I just need you to help me remove and look over the wall that's been hindering my view towards the horizon. It definitely is a brighter day.

Unknown said...

I think that you know whether it is worth it. Why do you need another's opinion if you do not trust your own? You know whether he's the one for you in your heart, I am sure. Do what your heart says. Sometimes we must do things we don't want to in order to make our lives better, but also, sometimes we are put into positions by higher authorities of celestial existance to help someone get rid of a habit. It is your choice, but maybe what I have said may bring you encouragement and strength. If you need a helping hand, you will recieve one when the time comes. If you must make a decision, you will know, also, when that time comes. Good day, and may God help you in your struggles.

Anonymous said...

In December 2004, a study was published by the Nicotine & Tobacco Research Journal that alarmed physicians. This U.S survey suggests that despite years of consumer education in print and TV ads and in-office patient education, the great majority of smokers are misinformed about the health risks of their habit. http://www.chantixhome.com/